Global Press - AAFM American Academy of Financial Management ®
- Feb 2014 - New Job Board
- Jan 2014 - Collaboration with UAE government Securites Regulators on Financial Analyst Training. Jan
2014 - Abu Dhabi University becomes new chapter.
- Jan 2014 UBT College Saudi Arabia becomes new chapter.
- December 2014 Pfeiffer University becomes new chapter.
- Dec 2013 - AAFM recognizes Tanzania Business School programs and assessment as path to certification.
- Nov 2013 - AAFM recognizes PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University, Shanghai China
- October 2013 - AAFM recognizes Universidad de Santander as path to certification Bolivia
- August 2013 AAFM recognizes Virtual University at Monterrey Tech Mexico.
- July 2013 AAFM recognizes MISR University Programs in Egypt as a qualified path to certification.
- July 17 2013- Judge allows AAFM USA Federal Court Lawsuit to go forward to protect AAFM
intellectual property. Members duly informed. Public
Opinion of Judge
- June 2013 - AAFM Alliance with Arab Institute for Accountants and Legal
- May 31 2013 - AAFM Sends legal letter to Wikimedia Legal
Department promoting ethics, identifying conflicts of interest, exposing spam and defamation.
Several Wiki editors identified as non neutral.
- May 30th, 2013 - AAFM Becomes financial supporter of Wikimedia Foundation and sends
- May 2013 - AAFM has entered into a global distribution agreement with Pearson Education. AAFM assessment,
test prep and exams would be available at thousands of testing centers worldwide.
- May 2012 - Academic Supreme Counsel of Egypt's Government Approved AAFM Certification Programs for
- May 2013 - AAFM Establishes CWM Institute ® in Hong Kong. CWM Institute was founded in the USA
- March 2013 - Accredited by the
Colorado Supreme Court - Board of Continuing Legal and Judicial Education for education credit for both
ethics and general annual requirements. CWM and CPM certification programs.
- March 2013 - AAFM Certification & Program on international tax and finance Accredited by Committee
of the General Legal Council for Continuing Education - Jamaica - Jamaica is a parliamentary democracy and
constitutional monarchy, with Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom serving as the Jamaican monarch.
- Feb 2013 - Board of Standards approved as member of EAIE European Association for International
- Dec 2012 - AAFM International Board of Standards - Becomes Member of the The CHEA Council of Higher
Education International Quality Group (CIQG)
- AAFM Forms relationship with ABMC Africa Training and MIS Solutions in the UAE>
- Sept. 2012 - AAFM ® Comments and provides consultation to CFPB Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
about accredited education and exams. AAFM provides proposals for financial education and innovation.
- May 2012 - AAFM Opens Jamaica Offices - AAFM forms alliance with Hamilton Consulting and University
- New Training Alliances - BIT British International Training - Knowledge Academy - Europe -
Marcus Evans Conferencing - Asia - INFA Consulting - Africa - Nexus Academy - Arabia - Quality Evidence Edu
Tech training center Star Quality Assurance Certification Europe - QA Training Europe, UK Asia - Cardiff
Management Academy - Institute of Technology - West Indies - Securities and Commodities Authority - United Arab
Emirates - The Government - Development Institute for Science & Technology - Government Recognized -
DiCicco Financial Products Institute - IFTI International Financial Training Institute USA - Approved for:
National Association of State Board of Accountancy (NASBA) & IRS (Internal Revenue Service) approved
continuing Education provider. - Aprikot Training Singapore - British Engineering Association - Europe - India
Finance Institute - Optimal Training - Bloom Management Training Arabia - Gulf Training Center - Government
Recognized - Opal Conferencing - ACCFE Association of Chartered Certified Financial Engineers - US & Asia
PMRG Project Management Resource Group Institute of Banking and Finance – Cairo
- April 2012 - AAFM Begins 2 new Online Courses - Chartered Wealth Manager and Chartered Portfolio Manager
for students in the US, Europe and Asia.
- March 2012 - AAFM cooperating with Ethiopia and Indonesia Governmental authorities for
- March 2012 - AAFM Establishes greater Expansions in Dubai, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia . New Training Offices
- Jan 2012 - AAFM works to consult with The World Bank on issues of outreach and humanitarian services.
- AAFM Advisory Board Member quoted in
Anti Piracy News - Aziz Othiameen is the head of AAFM enforcement in Arabia and co-chairman of Hemaya
Universal, a Saudi firm that offers anti-piracy services.
- Dec 2011 - AAFM Consults with UNITAR - The United Nations Institute for Training and Research - Dr.
Mentz provides free educational and training materials to select UNITAR offices for use in training people in
underserved regions of the world.
- Nov 2011 - AAFM builds alliances in Asia, Latin America and Brazil assisting corporations and
governments with standards.
- Sept 2011 - California Labor Department Includes AAFM in its labor guide.
- Sept 2011 - Arab League's Arab Academy Continues to Promote AAFM Certification
- August 2011 - August 2011 - MFP ® Master Financial Planner ® Program become Federally Recognized
- May 2011 - See Prof. Dr. Mentz with new Law School Graduates who
Completed AAFM ®Certification.
- May 2011 - AAFM Enters MOU with Government of Brazil for Mutual Articulation Recognition for Wealth
Management, Risk, and Insurance - Standards and Certification Education
- April 2011 - AAFM® Accreditation Standards - Seen in USA Today, Yahoo News and major media.
- Read about our Designations in the IBD Investors Business Daily Finance Dictionary at
- April 2011 - New Graduates from: Bolivia, Chile, USA, Taiwan, Korea, China, Africa and the MENA.
- April 2011 - AAFM ® recognized by Global Certifications Council, Certification Intelligence, and
- April 2011 - AAFM listed as top 2 organizations for US Certification in Finance by CertificationsWeb.
- April 2011 - AAFM included in list of Top Certifications in the ACFE Association of Certified Fraud
- April 2011 - AAFM ® and the Economist Association are featured in AfricaNews.com
- March 2011 - AAFM recognized by the IIEI International Trade Certification
- March 2011 - AAFM ® Founder - Prof. George Mentz named to the "Dream Team of Wealth Management" for
Advanced Markets Intelligence.
- Jan 2011 - New Handbook and Annual Report
- Jan 2011 - AAFM Included in All Financial Advisors Authoritative
- Jan 2011 - AAFM Included in the E-how Money Guide
- Jan 2011 - AAFM establishes the American Academy of Business and Management
- Jan 2011 - AAFM recognized by School of Banking and Financial Management in Egypt
- Dec 2010 - Member Advancement - AAFM ® Fellow and Certified Member T.J. Turner appointed to IRS Commission
Committee. CNBC Business Wire, Morningstar
- Dec. 2010 - AAFM ® establishes new South African Alliance with -IITF International Institute for Tax and
- Dec 2010 - AAFM Included in the websites of: Department of Labor, Financial Authority Reference Guides,
Investopedia, California Department of Labor, and US Congressional Testimony. AAFM Also recognized globally in books, publications, and more.
- News Nov 2010 - AAFM ® Offering Programs Internationally and 1st in the world to have Qualifying
Certification Programs with a USA Accredited Law School and Post Graduate Program. http://llmprogram.tjsl.edu
- News October - AAFM ® Executive Board Meetings in New York and London.
- News October - AAFM ® Recognized as the Certification backed by Accredited Education By the Wall Street
Journal. Various AAFM Certifications Featured by WSJ in their official reference guide. AAFM ® and CWM ®
Featured also in the 2010 Forbes owned Investopedia Financial Dictionary:
- The AAFM legal offices provided a list of government approved & accredited programs, approved law
school certification courses, evidenced consent forms from all relevant honorary advisors, and other evidence
& documentation about the CFA/CFP trademark agreements and Hon. Awards to the WSJ. Documentation Here:
- Oct 2010 - AAFM - Benziga Media Features AAFM Certification Programs as the key promoter to mandate
Accredited Education and exams from government approved institutions for credentials. Read
- Oct 2010 - AAFM Designations and Graduate Requirements Featured in Wall Street Journal - See Designations
in the WSJ - WSJ Wall Street Journal Reference Guide Lists AAFM ® Designations along with outlining our AAFM ®
graduate education requirements. See Link
- August 2010 - AAFM CEO, Prof. George Mentz of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Graduate Program, has been
added to the Panel of Experts for Advisor FX. Summit Media's - National Underwriter Co. and it's media
companies have been providing services and research to the financial industry for 100 Years.
- July 2010, UK London - AAFM Board Meetings in London. Met with directors and deans about MBA and law school
articulations with new schools.
- July - AAFM South Asia Expansions
- July 2010, Singapore – AAFM ® Asia is pleased to announce the accreditation of Financial & Biz-Ed
Consultants (FBC) as our new training provider for AAFM’s Chartered Wealth Manager (CWM ®) program. AAFM ® Asia
congratulates FBC on this accreditation and looks forward to a successful collaboration!
- June - AAFM Sponsors Conferences in China 美国金融管理学会 and Latin American Nov. 2010. See Events
- May 2010 AAFM ® As seen in the 2010 Forbes and Investopedia Financial Dictionary: CWM Chartered Wealth
Manager ® - CTEP Chartered Trust And Estate Planner - CPM Chartered Portfolio Manager - CAM Chartered Asset
Manager - AAFM American Academy Of Financial Management ®
- March 2010 - The University of Atlanta becomes new AAFM American Academy Chapter. - Graduates from the the
University of Atlanta Finance programs are eligible to apply for MFP Master Financial Professional
Certification. Dr. R.-L. Etienne Barnett, PhD, MFP, ChE, will be be the Chairperson in charge of nominations
and approvals for applications to the AAFM for board certifications and charters awarded by the American
- Feb. 2010 - News: The AAFM ® Board USA works again this year with US Government to provide opinion and
insights on financial innovation, reform, and employment analysis. The AAFM ® Board - Academic Standards and
Quality Commission to lead this AAFM® Task Force.
- Feb. 2010 - AAFM ® Academic Alliance Articulation with Aristotle University Graduate programs and Aristotle
Law School- Prof. Dr. Tom. Gionis of USA and Greece and Prof George Mentz agreed to the mutual cross
recognition and terms. Read more about Aristotle The programs at Aristotle Law School and Aristotle University
will count for educational credit toward certifications
- Jan. 2010 - AAFM ® forms international alliance with The GIFM © Global Institute of Finance and Management
Training and Consulting. The GIFM was chartered & founded by industry professionals, Revenue Professionals,
Lawyers, CPAs & government officials.
- Jan. 2010 - AAFM ® Now working with Pan Asia Companies, UK Training, The International Tax Institute, The
Securities and Commerce Institute, OET India.
- DEC. 2009 AAFM ® Forms diplomatic Alliance with Egyptian Finance Institute.
- DEC. 2009 AAFM ® 美国金融管理学会 Cooperating with China Government for Existing and New Certifications in
- Nov. 2009 AAFM ® Rolls out its New Law School Certification Schedule. www.llmprogram.org/spring2010.html
- Nov. 2009 AAFM ® CEO - Prof Dr. Mentz joins the Advisory Board for the International Association of
Qualified Financial Planners as Chair of the Education Committee
- Oct. 1st 2009 - AAFM ® becomes 1st in the world to achieve 100% transparency, listing, membership
recognition and disclosure with : NBEA, ISBE, AACSB, ACBSP, RSOF, ANSI, AABFS, IIFM, UNESCO, DOE, DOL, IBA,
IMA, AFMLA, and NOCA.
- Sept 2009 - AAFM USA Global Board Celebrates 10 Years as a Chartered Board of Standards. Before that, the
AAFMA USA was the founding organization in the United States.
- September 2009 - New Offices in: Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, and Brazil.
- August 2009 - AAFM is Honorary Co-Host of China Finance Forum - Leaders from AAFM agree to serve as
- August 2009 - AAFM Signs Middle East Alliance with Arab Academy of Banking and Financial Sciences. See
Press Release - AAFM and AABFS will be offering joint certification programs in 17 Arab Countries of the Arab
League. Prof. Mentz will co-chair the new Arab Academy Certification Board that was chartered under the
- August 2009 - AAFM Sponsors 3 law school scholarships for special courses at TJSL. The Judge Byrnes and
Judge Mentz Memorial Scholarships will be assisting the best and brightest in achieving legal education.
- Aug. 2009 - AAFM Sponsors the Best Paper Award for Latin America Conference.
- News New Offices in South Africa with TRM and ITI Global
- News: The AAFM are global sponsors of the IX IFC International Finance Conference, this time to be held in
Buenos Aires, Argentina. Please visit the Conference’s website at: http://www.financeconference.cl
- News: Chartered Economist Graduate Inauguration Ceremony
- News: AAFM forms alliance with the WMSCC Wealth Management Standards Council of China and AAFM Board
members are appointed as new members to the board.
- News: AAFM "non profit" Asia is the new representative of the AAFM Board for managing membership. AAFM Asia
is based in Singapore, Beijing, and Delhi, India.
- News: AABFS is the new Middle East representative of the AAFM Board in the UAE for issuing secure
- News: The Indian Presidential Advisors have recognized the AAFM with a letter of positive estimation and
full recommendation from the advisors of the President and Prime Minister of India.
- Alert Former training sub-chapter in Dubai Knowledge Village loses its Global Recognition. Trainer
Certificates and Diplomas printed in Dubai or Africa are NOT recognized by the "AAFM Board of Standards and
Presidential Commissioners" The AAFM Council of Justice has also made a determination to mandate that all
training must be by a licensed and registered company. Any phony emails from www.aafm.ORG or theiafm.org are
from an unrecognized hacker group who are Phishing for money ..
- News: AAFM International Board of Standards enters cross recognition with Egyptian Finance Association in
Cairo which has governmental recognition from the Capital Markets Authority.
- News: AAFM International Board of Standards officially recognized by the Indian Finance Institute and the
Indian Business Academy. Prof Mentz and Dean Byrnes added to the Advisory Board of the India Institute.
- News Only the US Board and Commissioners at www.aafm.us can issue authentic certifications. The Dubai
training group has zero recognition from anyone and has been closed. The government recognized AABFS is now in
charge of supervising certification in the UAE
- News: AAFM Establishes the Chartered Certified Economists Board of Standards. 500 New members join this
- News: AAFM has new partners in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Asia.
- US AAFM and AAPM Judicual Tribunal Bans former offshore servants and trainers. Discipline
- News: AAFM Articulation with JIU Jones International MBA program
- The Board and Silicon Valley University of California Alliance - January 29, 2009
- University of California Silicon Valley Awarded Prestigious Chapter Membership and Recognition from Key
International Project Management Organization
- CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UCSC Extension in Silicon Valley, (ucsc-extension.edu) a continuing
professional education division of the University of California, announces that it has been awarded the rare
distinction of full chapter membership and is now a certified training partner of the American Academy of
- As the only university in Northern California and one of only three institutions in the state to have been
granted this designation, the distinction further validates the Project and Program Management (PPM)
Certificate program at UCSC in Silicon Valley as one of the finest in the country. "We do not offer chapter
recognition very often," said Prof. Dr. George Mentz, General Counsel and Director of New Alliances for AAPM.
"But after analysis, this program ranks among those of the highest level, for several reasons - including
proximity to Silicon Valley, and the excellence of its instruction."
- The AAPM TM is an international graduate board offering the Master Project Manager (MPM TM) and Certified
International Project Manager (CIPM TM) certifications to qualified applicants who meet rigorous requirements
in education, training, experience, industry knowledge and ethics. The credential recognizes those project
managers who both excel professionally and continue to expand their knowledge base with advanced training.
Press Archives for 1996-2010
Click Here to Apply and Email Your CV and Resume for Review
Citations and References related to Certification Standards
and Governmental Recognitions
- AAFM sponsors an accredited law school graduate program: See: http://www.llmprogram.org/
Students who take the graduate master of laws courses can become eligible for AAFM cerification. See law school
course and exam requirements http://mastersinlaw.tjsl.edu/masters-in-law/certifications/
- AAFM recognizes Accredited Business Schools since 2003. See Press
of the worlds best known business schools, including The London Business School, INSEAD, University of
Pennsylvania, Harvard University, Yale University, Columbia University, EDHEC Business School, Warwick Business
School, and University of Toronto are among the more than 596 business schools in over 37 countries accredited
by AACSB. Click here for a complete list of accredited institutions: Accredited Institutions http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/accreditedmembers.asp . Taken from
- Since 2004, AAFM has direct legal agreement with US Department of Education recognized ACBSP Accreditation
Council for Business Schools and Programs. This accredited standards agreement allows for accredited courses
and exams to operate as a path to certification. http://www.acbsp.org/download.php?sid=10
- FINRA Regulatory Body - Investor Education Reference Guide Showing AAFM Certifications and Requirements -
FINRA does not sanction anyone such as: CFA, CFP, or AAFM certifications but does monitor and publish their
requirements and standards http://apps.finra.org/DataDirectory/1/prodesignations.aspx
The FINRA has publised that AAFM standards promote [[ACBSP]] and [[ACBSP]] education which represents
business schools such as Wharton, NYU, and Stanford Business schools.
- Wall Street Journal publication of certifications standards, requirements, and standards showing certain
certifications as FINRA monitored. The Wall Street Journal specifies AAFM standards of using [[ACBSP]] and
[[ACBSP]] education which represents business schools such as Yale, Harvard, and other Business schools.
- US Government References to AAFM as a major financial organization along with the SEC, FINRA and SIFMA.
- US Department of Labor listings of AAFM Certifications
*Recent mainstream media explains the AAFM certification process where AAFM promotes accredited business
school exams and education.
- eFinancialCareers News - AAFM and wealth management accreditation standards explained in media by
E-Financial Careers and Dice.com NYSE Traded Company - July 2012
- AdvisorFYI, National Underwriter News, May 2013 - AAFM accredited exam and education standards explained by
National Underwriter Summit Business Media Media. http://www.advisorfyi.com/2013/05/2940/
- NASDAQ News, Oct. 2, 2012 - article about AAFM and AAFM Accredited Certification Standards
- May 6, 2013 - AAFM Global Recognition from
the Arab League's AABFS Arab Academy of Banking and Financial Sciences. - Diplomatic Recognition
- National Law Journal - May 20, 2013, AAFM programs such as CWM
Chartered Wealth Manager
law school courses and programs featured in this article http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202600579983&slreturn=20130509171107
Citations and Information for Accuracy.
- Here are signed and dated copies of both the CFP and CFA -
Co-Existence agreements authored by the General Counsels of each organization.
- a) CFA Institute's legal agreement with AAFM
- Dated and Signed by Supervising Gen. Counsel Sharon Glover on Jan. 5th, 2004. Acknowledged by CFA
Counsel/Jeannie Anderson b) CFP Board's legal Agreement dated and signed with
AAFM - Dated and Signed Nov. 26, 2002 by CFP Counsel Jennie McQuade
- The AAFM Provides Advisor consent documents for ALL of the
Honorary Professors or Experts who allowed their names to be listed on the AAFM websites as Advisors: such as
Mr. Gold and Dr. Harvey. a) Written consent
document from Dr. Harvey - See: http://aafm.us/harvey.pdf Accepted/Dated. Monday, March 31, 2003
9:34 AM b) Written consent document from Mr. Gold - See:
http://aafm.us/jacobgold.pdf Accepted/Dated Monday, November 27, 2006
- Here is public documentation that CFP and CFA actually
recognize AAFM Certifications for specific PDU or CE credits.a) CFP Board Financial Planning Board Canada See: http://www.fpsc.ca/ce-course-providers b) CFA Member credits for continuing education from AAFM -
Website c: Also, the 2 contracts in number 1
above itemize both CFA and CFPs legal agreements with AAFM.
- 4) AAFM has specific legal terms on it's websites showing how we
have the largest group of professors and professionals on our advisory council.
* AAFM ® Global Board recognizes all members of the professional council
as honorary advisors.
- The Wall Street Journal evidences financial organizations and
their certification standards including AAFM. The WSJ states that AAFM is a FINRA monitored
organization with government recognized accreditation and assessment standards such as ACBSP and
Sources: www.FINRA.org and www.WSJ.com
- AAFM has certification programs offered direct from an Accredited
Law School Program - TJSL ABA Accredited Law School's graduate program where the AAFM joint alliance graduate
educational "DOE ABA governmental recognized" programs are publicly available http://mastersinlaw.tjsl.edu/program-overview/certifications.asp
* The TJSL Law School provides a Post-Juris Doctorate LLM Curriculum Online.
This is the first post-doctorate LLM Program of its kind online which can also lead to AAFM® certification and
continuation may allow for a ABA recognized Law Degree. AAFM® and its
accredited program graduate courses in the USA have the highest graduate educational standards in the
- The AAFM Legal Counsel Disclosed to the WSJ reporters that the AAFM
is in direct contractual agreement with Accreditation
Agencies for Business School Programs.
- Thus, AAFM certification can be obtained from completing programs and exams
from "Double Accredited Business Schools" The Wall Street Journal references the double accredited
standards in the article.
- CFP Asia recognizes AAFM USA Certified Members who also hold the
CWM Chartered Wealth Manager Designation - See Exemption http://www.ifphk.org/pdf/Publications/afp-leaflet-web.pdf
- The Wall Street Journals reference guide evidences and
recognizes the AAFM accredited program education as a path to certification. See ACBSP Accreditation Council for Business Schools and